Tuesday 6 April 2010

Final shoots on location ♥

Contact Sheet
Here I have included a contact sheet so that I can compare the images and choose which ones I will display and develop on Photoshop for my final prints.
Location Images
Location shoot 1.
I decided on this pose because I thought it best suited the style of clothing and fits well within the frame. I tried experimenting with the different settings on the camera for the lighting so that I have a range of images to choose from for my final shoots. I am especially fond of the pose where Lewis is holding his necklace and looking down sideways however I am not so keen on the image where he is just facing the camera with his hands in his pockets because it's so ordinary and simple and I wanted to create something that people aren't really familiar with. Therefore, I shall further experiment on Photoshop with the last two images of him here, I think with a bit of adjusting this will improve the quality and appearance of my this image.
Location shoot 2.
For this next set of images, I was trying to create a serious approach to fashion photography by having my models dominant within the frame posed in this close way. I wanted to give the impression that my model Lewis was holding my model Becky back to create a narrative within the frame as well as just showing off the clothing within the photograph. I think this is a strong image, I will have to adjust some things on Photoshop as the lighting isn't quite correct but I was generally pleased with the concept of this image and the outcome of the shoot.

Location shoot 3.
Here, I have tried with a variety of different poses to create this look I was going for. On some of these photographs, the shoes are showing so I won't be able to use these for my final because my budget is £5.00 and the pricing will be over but I had to have my models in their shoes because it's quite a dangerous place for going bare foot. If I am able to crop my images and adjust them on Photoshop, I might be able to get away with using one of them for my final however I do actually prefer the images where the shoes aren't showing so I will have to test them out and see which look better. I was trying to create an image where the models seem to be looking direct at something out of the frame, this was to intrigue the viewer as to what these models are looking at and to create poses that best suited this concept. I tried to position my models so that they were next to each other but create depth in my photographs by having the models close up and the background walls far away
Location shoot 4.
This look was influenced by the 'Paper Bag Princess' image that is displayed in my research. I tried to re-create this by having my model sat on the floor appearing as if she's helpless and stiffly posed so that all attention is placed on the clothing she is wearing and nothing else. I have experimented with a few poses to see which looked better as the area I was shooting in had a skating ramp which could be used for many different poses. I will have to play around on Photoshop and experiment with the lighting because even though I have managed to achieve the correct lighting within each frame, I think the images need something more to them and maybe need darkening in some areas within the frames.

Location shoot 5.
For these final images, I was greatly influenced by the images displayed on the following website, http://www.ax80.com/2008/09/nntm-6-episode-3-homeless-fashion.html. The images on this website are showing models in a homeless environment where these poor people are apart of the pictures. I was focusing more on the pose and structure of the images and wanted to create a similar approach to this project. I have tried to be creative by adding a narrative within the frame which shows Lewis and Charlotte looking at each other to give the impression that they are flirting in a way next to Becky who seems to be oblivious because she is so involved with trying to look good in the clothing she is wearing. However, once I managed to capture this in my images, I new these didn't look right and there was something missing so I tried to position my models in a different way to appear more like the models within the photographs on the above website. I am a lot happier with my developed image where my models look more relaxed and confident posed in a way that works well within the frame. My models appear more laid back and cool in the photograph where my model Charlotte is looking else where while Becky and Lewis are focused looking directly towards the camera. I will experiment on Photoshop anyway with the levels and contrast to see what effects I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment