Thursday 8 April 2010

Editing on Photoshop♥

Screen Prints
Image one.


For my first image, I have focused mainly on correcting the lighting by dodging and burning areas in the frame. I felt that the original image of this wasn't light enough so I experimented with the levels as you can see here to improve the lighting quality. The developed photograph is definitely clearer to see what's been shown.

Image 2.

This next image needed a lot of development done and I have cloned areas such as the glasses where the reflection is showing the flash from the camera, the shoes so that they can't be seen in the picture and the bra so that the dress looks complete. I had difficulty trying to clone the areas because I had to make sure that it didn't look blurry and it look a long time trying to disguise these aspects I didn't want within my picture. I am pleased with the results though as I didn't think I was able to achieve this. I have also used the dodging tool to lighten sections that needed enhancing as you can see here, my model Charlotte needed her face lightening and Becky's arm needed slightly adjusting.

Image 3.

This photograph was way too dark originally and there were some flash reflections on the metal bar on the ceiling. I have experimented with the levels to improve the lighting in the picture and I have used the dodging tool for final improvements. I also thought it was necessary to clone out the lighting reflection so that it wasn't visible in the frame. I believe this image looks much better now it has been developed.

Image 4.

For this next photograph I was stuck between two images of my model Charlotte. I have adjusted the lighting and developed the contrast to make it visually stronger as a picture and I have cloned the glasses so that the reflection doesn't appear on them. By darkening areas with the burning tool, it has given my image that much more depth and the tones are more dominant and powerful. I did have a problem with cloning the reflection out of the picture though, the leading lines were in the way so it was difficult for me to disguise the mistakes out. However, once the image had been zoomed out, you couldn't even see the areas I had adjusted anyway so this wasn't a major problem.

Image 4. (Another)

This image was the other I couldn't decide on for my final but I now that I have tried developing it I won't be using this for a final image because there are some aspects that are poor quality. The legs were too bright originally but when I tried burning them with the burning tool, the tones on my models legs started to appear pixelated and slightly saturated so I wasn't keen on the picture after that. As well as this problem, I had difficulty with the background because this too looked really pixelated when I lightened the image but when I darkened it the background was too dark in some areas. For these reasons I don't think it would be appropriate for using this as a final image.

Image 5.

My final image needed a couple of adjustments, the whole image needed to be lightened with the dodging tool and some areas needed cloning because of the flash light reflection. I have cloned the light on the shades and on the wall because next to my model Lewis, the spray paint didn't look right at all. I believe that the tones in the picture have much improved now that I have experimented with the different tool effects and by lightening the image, it has brought the models forward in the frame. I quite like the way the levels tool has smoothened out the shadows so that are not to overpowering and seperated the darker areas from the lighter areas correctly. After looking over this image, I have realised that the necklace that my model Charlotte is wearing isn't suppose to be worn here. My clothing is meant to be set to a price budget of £5.00 and with this pearl necklace my clothing pricing for my model Charlotte comes to £5.50. As I won't be able to re-shoot this final image on location, I will try and clone out this necklace so that my budget is to the correct price.

Further Screen Print Development for final image 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment