Saturday 3 April 2010

CHANGE OF PLAN ♥

Natalie is unable to model for me due to a few complications so I am using my other friend Charlotte Hurst to model for me instead. This was better for me than changing my whole arrangements to suite Natalie being able to model for me another day because my other models and assistant couldn't make the shoot any other day. However, I shall still use Natalie's experiments of the clothing within my work to show the styles I could use for my final shoots. I didn't think it was necessary to delete the work as I have spent so long creating it, therefore these images are still displayed on my experiment pages. I am a little disappointed that Natalie won't be able to make the shoot because she was so confident in my experiment shoots and her posing and facial expressions were spot on! On the other hand, Charlotte is just as confident and just as photogenic as Natalie is so I don't think I'll have any problems trying to create the same look.

Here below is some information about why I have chosen to use Charlotte as a Model and why I think she is appropriate for modelling for these specific shoots. Also I shall work with Charlotte and experiment a little with the clothing so I can see what styles best suite her look for my work.

I have known Charlotte since I started High School. She has always been a confident and most humorous character which is why I thought she would be great as a model. Reasons being are because models always have to look confident in shoots to make the images most powerful and effective and the model has to work with the space around them and maybe other models around them to portray a great image. Without a good personality from a model, an image would appear boring and people wouldn't engage with the picture as much. Charlotte is also extremely photogenic... she has strong facial features that would look really effective being lit by the flash and she knows how to pose for the camera which is always a positive aspect to have as a model. I really appreciate her offering to model for me after the problem I had and I am certain she will work her every move to make my images look exactly how I want them to look.
I have scanned in a couple of images just to show who Charlotte is and to give you an incite of the sort of person she is and how well she can pose.

.


Apart from the model change, I have changed my location ideas due to my model Becky explaining this grungy run down area located in Banks near to Southport. She showed me some images from her previous briefs where she used this location to create her images and I was totally interested and fascinated with the appearance of the place. I have actually developed my work further because I have visited this location myself to explore the different places I could base my final fashion shoots in. These location images are displayed below...




These are my further location shoots... The first thing I thought of this place was 'awesome!!!' I am so pleased that my model Becky enlightened me about this location, I think its a fantastic place to base a grungy fashion shoot in as its an abandoned run down building with different rooms perfect for my project. I think the rooms are useful as my models could get changed into their different outfits for the different shoots I want them to model in and as the building has no roof in areas, the sunlight will come through the gaps which will be an advantage for my shoots. I have taken quite a few images so that I can decide which specific areas I will have my fashion shoots based in. I was amazed by the appearance of this particular place, I am extremely excited for shooting my final images and I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of my photographs. Personally, I feel that the other locations that I originally chose were strong in the sense that they did look quite unkempt and grungy but I believe that this new place will give me such a better quality background and will fit to my theme more effectively. Each room has a different look to it so I will need to think carefully about which rooms will be best for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment